Thursday 2 July 2009

bit gutted


I've just found out that the legalities of attaching a buggy to a powerchair is a bit of a legal mindfield, so that's that idea out the window. I'm gutted, but now thinking of other solutions. A 5-point harness used for reins, with a very long strap may go around me, and hold Corin a bit more safely on my lap once he is capable of sitting unaided, and used in conjuction with my lapbelt sounds safe enough!

I'd still be interested in any other solutions. I've seen MIME's wheelchair babycarrier, but they are only suitable for manual chairs, and I don't have the ability to push myself any great distance these days, hence the powerchair, so that would defeat the object. May as well use the powerchair and have someone pushing the buggy.

Oh well, I'm back off to my drawing board, once I've fed a little chap who wants his tea

No comments:

Post a Comment